Henry took full control of the company upon the death of his father, John, in 1873.
In 1882, Doulton purchased the small factory of Pinder, Bourne & Co, at Nile Street in Burslem, Staffordshire, which placed Doulton in the region known as The Potteries. was well known at the time for their fine bone china.
One mark features an artist's palette with the words "Tettau Atelier," and the other mark has two lions holding a banner in between them with a "T" on the banner and the words "Royal Bayreuth Bavaria" surrounding the lions.
Royal Bayreuth porcelain has been made since 1794 in Tettau, Bavaria, Germany.
This factory was a tiny pottery located in Vauxhall Walk, Lambeth, a borough of London, England.